[womeninscience] Volunteer Events This Weekend

  • From: v c <vcbc11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: womeninscience@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 21:33:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hello girls,

It's been a bit chilly this week--I hope everyone has been warm and bundled up
for it!  This is a reminder of the events we have going on this weekend, and
contact info of officers who are participating as well.

- Waller Creek Clean Up (Sat, Nov 6th)
>> meet at 24th and San Jacinto, on campus, in front of the horse statues at
>> 8:30AM
>> dress in layers and closed toed shoes as it will be cold in the morning
>> Ashley will be volunteering at this event, so if you'd like to team up with
>> her or are lost, her number is: [903]249-2101
>> remember to forward me your volunteer e-mail for your service point

- Race for the Cure (Sun, Nov 7th)
>> this is a freebie point which can make up in any area you need another point
>> in
>> if you participate, please individually sign-up at komenaustin.org
>> Madeline will be running, and is willing to offer rides.  Please call her at
>> [832]202-3448
>> please either forward me your volunteer e-mail, or bring your
>> T-shirt/participant number to the next meeting

And that's all for tonight.  Expect an e-mail about Career Day, and the
spreadsheet update tomorrow afternoon.  Have a good night!

Vickie Chang
President, Women in Science
The University of Texas at Austin