[Wittrs] [quickphilosophy] Re: An Anscombe Error Regarding Negation?

  • From: "walto" <calhorn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: quickphilosophy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 00:15:32 -0000

Do you think not? W gives the example of a musical score picturing a the sounds
of a symphony.  Well, scores use the 8va sign to indicate that everything is to
be played an octave up or down and use rests to indicate that no sounds should
be made.  Why not a circle with a diagonal across a picture of a red chair?

--- In quickphilosophy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Brampton <martin.lists@...>