[Wittrs] Re: The language game of html, again.

  • From: "walto" <walterhorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:58:00 -0000

The claim that such venerable claims as "There is free will" and "There is no
free will" are nonsensical or meaningless or pointless claims about nothing at
all is precisely the position taken by the logical positivists, including
Carnap, Shlick, Waismann, and, at one point, Wittgenstein.

Perhaps their main problem was that such claims as "Meaning is the method of
verification" (and, for that "Meaning is use." are of the same type as "There
is free will."