[Wittrs] Re: Die Welt is alles, was der Fall ist

  • From: Bob Doyle <bobdoyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CHORA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:55:04 -0400

Dear Peter,
I like your translation very much.

Hap is another interesting word for chance. In Indo-European it connoted
luck, but especially good luck, thus Happy, and Mishap.

I find Wittgenstein understands possibility and contingency, which is
essential to understanding science today, and its irreducible probabilistic
nature. Before quantum mechanics, probability was epistemic - human
ignorance, since Heisenberg, chance is ontological and real, the stuff of
freedom from mathematical equations and causal chains.

For example,

*1.21 **Any one can either be the case or not be the case, and everything
else remain the same.*
I hope that you might take a brief look at my forthcoming book.
http://www.informationphilosopher.com/books/Free_Will_Scandal.pdf

Pre-publication examination copies will be available, should you be
interested in using it in a class.

Cheers,

Bob

--
Bob Doyle
Information Philosopher - *"beyond logic and language."*