[Wittrs] Re: Dennett's Intentional Stance

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:35:16 -0800 (PST)

Bud:

Let me try to explain a few things regarding the policies you have been
discussing with Neil. Specifically, I'm addressing your concerns about trimming
quotes and the extra effort with mails.

One of the reasons I created this group was to do something different from what
Analytic was doing. It wasn't that I thought Analytic was doing something
wrong, per se -- as if it should change -- it was that the marketplace had
other needs to serve. Diversity is always best. Here, what we want are a little
more effort put into composition. Indeed, it does take longer to remove and
trim quotes (and restate the thesis or what not). But in the end, it gets us
farther away from a telephone-conversation and more toward something that a
person might want to read on the message board. Messages are better if they
require a little effort anyway.

So, if you are inclined to continue posting, do a favor and keep discussing
substantive matters in the format that the group was created for.

(P.S. -- what was all that talk of spam? There is no spam on the list.)

Yours appreciative,

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Assistant Professor
Wright State University