[Wittrs] Re: [C] Re: Pictures, methods, Gettier, and other lingering topics

  • From: John Phillip DeMouy <jpdemouy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 12:04:26 -0400

At this point, I am only correcting blatant falsehoods about myself that
I haven't already addressed.  (Falsehoods and misrepresentations that
are merely being repeated are being ignored.)

I am no proponent of PostModernism.  On the contrary - though I'd give a
more nuanced and circumspect view if I were responding at length - I
loathe PoMo.  I have to make great effort to treat Derrida fairly
because fundamentally, I regard him as a charlatan.  (There are gems of
insight there but few and far between.)

I can only guess that because Shawyer (sp?) discusses different voices
and is an advocate of PoMo therapy (I am not even sure what precisely
that entails!  If I were partial to any form of psychotherapy, it would
be Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, which is anything but PoMo in it's
emphasis on facts and objectivity.) and I speak of different voices
(Shawyer and I are not the only ones, by the way.), therefore I must be
an advocate of PoMo therapy.  That would, of course, be affirming the
consequent - a fallacy.

In any event, I am not fan of PoMo or Derrida, so this attempt to get
some label on me and attack me for it fails miserably.

Lastly, I am not anonymous here.  I use my real and full name.  This is
the first (philosophy) list on which I have done so.  What you're
alluding to about my behavior on "other lists" eludes me, but someone
drew my attention awhile back to a blogger you'd suggested might be me.
I am not he.