[Wittrs] Re: Reforming Wittrs -- Too Many Mails?

  • From: "SWM" <SWMirsky@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:40:23 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@...> wrote:

> How Can I Get a Better Digest? Good question. Subscribe to the Yahoo or
> Google version of the group. Our favorite digest is Yahoo's. Simply go to the
> links in the above paragraph (for Google and Yahoo) and subscribe. Then set
> the subscription mode for digest. Finally, set your Freelist subscription to
> "vacation" (see very first paragraph above). If it's too much trouble, email
> the group owner and he will do it (whoooo26505@...).

And an added benefit: If anyone joins the Yahoo list they can see and respond
to the polls, available here:

If it looks like I have a one track mind it's probably because I more or less
do! Anyway, I note that at least one more person has chosen to respond to the
polls since I last reminded the list they were there. In essence (but avoiding
any taint of "essentialism" of course!) they ask three questions (not
necessarily in this order):

1) Did Wittgenstein radically diverge from his earlier ideas in his later
period?

2) Was Wittgenstein really a Behaviorist (even if he doesn't explicitly admit
to it)?

3) Did Wittgenstein show an interest in, and contribute to ideas about,
consciousness in the work he left us?

All three questions and their possible answers reflect issues we have
periodically addressed in past discussions on this list.

SWM

WEB VIEW: http://tinyurl.com/ku7ga4
TODAY: http://alturl.com/whcf
3 DAYS: http://alturl.com/d9vz