[wisb] Re: [wisb] Osprey at Whitnall Park … and along the Fox river/Racine county

  • From: Patrick Dean <pdean2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn birdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:34:43 -0500

have had 2 osprey show up almost daily for the past week in my yard along the
Fox river in Racine County (town of Waterford). If I understand correctly, they
are early migrants. I've posted some pictures if you care to take a look. In
one instance, there was a brief turf battle between the osprey and a red tail
hawk. I also had a turkey vulture cozy up to the osprey within inches on a
branch. Never seen that before! They sat together for about 5 minutes before
the osprey flew off. Images can be see at
http://www.patrickdean.com/Patrick_Dean_Photography/Image_Galleries/Pages/Elm_Island_Osprey%3B_Fall_2013.html#grid

Patrick Dean Photography
Weddings. Portraits. Fine Art Gallery.
www.patrickdean.com
patrickdean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RACINE COUNTY, WI

On Sep 16, 2013, at 9:55 AM, Biffbradford . <pelotonstar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm pretty sure I saw him again Sunday morning on the west end of the Wehr
Nature Center pond. It was brief viewing but I did get one poor photo of
him flying overhead.
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc54/biffbradford/Osprey-maybe_zpsd21d8207.jpg.
I guess the DNR did put up a nesting site at Big Muskego Lake, so maybe
that's where he is from?
John Wilke
Greenfield