[wisb] Osprey and Loggerhead Shrike.

  • From: "Erdman, Thomas" <erdmant@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pdean2@xxxxxxxxx'" <pdean2@xxxxxxxxx>, wisbirdn birdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:58:45 +0000

There were Ospreys still at the nest on the communication tower east of the
Police Station at Sturgeon Bay, Door county.  Bird was sitting and calling from
the nest last Friday

On the 5th of September there was a Loggerhead (Migrant) Shrike perched on
wires along HW 57 just north of Southern Door High School near Brussels.  This
is an interesting sighting because historically we had Loggerhead Shrikes
nesting in this area.

Tom Erdman, Green Bay