[wisb] Rufous Hummingbird - Door County

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:37:47 -0600

Paul Regnier has a nice Rufous Hummingbird visiting his feeders in Bailey's
Harbor, Door County. The bird was first noted on Sept 12 and was still present
this morning. Paul is open to visitors as long as they call first. His phone
number is 920-493-1572.

Two of Paul's photos are in the Wisconsin eBird Flickr pool:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32706210@N05/9774735793/in/pool-980177@N22/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32706210@N05/9774646395/in/pool-980177@N22/

I think the spread tail pic sufficiently shows this to be a Rufous (vs.
Allen's), although I'm honestly not sure if immature male or adult female
without some more research.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady