[wisb] site faithful robin

  • From: "David, Karl H." <david@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 11:52:13 +0000

On a couple of dates in early December I noticed a single robin at a point on
the Oak Leaf Bike Trail in southern Milwaukee County. Yesterday I did that walk
for the first time since then. To my amazement, that lone robin was still there
in the exact same spot! So much for their supposed penchant for flocking in the
winter. The bird does not seem injured or ill. It acts and flies normally so
far as I can tell. Maybe it's just found a good food source it doesn't feel
like sharing.
Karl David
Milwaukee County