[wisb] a MAJOR must read

  • From: rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 11:39:38 -0700 (PDT)

    I think I had what would be dubbed as an incredible 2.5 hrs. !!!!!   First
off,  we evidentally
 had a major vireo push overnight, due to how many red-eyeds I heard today thus
far, which led me to believe, what if the Bell's came back?  Got out there and
the first thing I heard in the same location for the 4th year in a row was just
that !!!  The Bell's Vireo has come back.

   The first thing of the day was seeing the willet at the end of Murdock,
then later on I buzzed up to "G" west of 76 and got the avocet, feeding with
about 30 peeps:  leasts and semipalms.  The Baird's was present too.  2 pipits
were a plus too.  ~150 pelicans were circling over the western sky.  (
Something happened while I was typing this all out and a whole lot of the first
post got deleted and all the details went bye-bye, so now I have to shorten
it).  So my last and final BIGGY for the morning was hearing and just barely
seeing at the woods by the lake was a summer tanager !!   So, yeah, you could
say I had one he!! of an awesome time out.  The avocet is now my 3rd county
lifer for the month/year.

    Frustrated with the computer, and ethereal with my sightings,
    Paul Bruce, Oshkosh
    Winnebago Co.

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.