[wisb] Re: Western Grebe, Manitowoc

  • From: Madison Audubon <karen.etter.hale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: heuers3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, WisBirdNet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 10:29:16 -0500

Hello Jeanne and Curt,
How wonderful that you ran into Chuck (actually, it would be hard not
to, as he's out so often checking the impoundment). He's always very
generous in pointing out special (and the more common) birds to all who
stop.

Chuck was awarded the Bronze Passenger Pigeon last month at the WSO
Convention. Here's the brief paragraph about him from the WSO website,
with much more at http://wsobirds.org/?pU14
*
Dr. Charles Sontag*, professor emeritus in biological sciences at the
University of Wisconsin-Manitowoc and a lifelong analyst of migratory
bird patterns along Lake Michigan, received the Bronze Passenger Pigeon,
which honors individuals who have made outstanding contributions in
their local communities or in the state to promote the field of ornithology.

May we all be as gracious in sharing our love of birds.

Karen
Karen Etter Hale

Chair, Wisconsin Bird Conservation Initiative

Citizen Science Coordinator, Madison Audubon Society

NEW: 1400 E. Washington, Suite 170

Madison, WI 53703

608/255-BIRD (2473) x 222

NEW: Karen.Etter.Hale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx