[wisb] Odds & ends

  • From: Gmail <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 09:30:54 -0500

I have been having computer, actually server problems, so have not done any
posting.  Still have them but will see if this goes through.  Last Thursday I
checked out Port Washington where there were no gulls in the harbor.  They were
all to the north.  Found 2 Little Gulls flying around, plus a female Common
Goldeneye in the harbor.  However Sheboygan was excellent with 8 gull species
including a Laughing Gull, Franklin's Gull and Little Gull.
Saturday while working in the yard, I was surprised to hear tea-kettle,
tea-kettle for almost 5 minutes before it moved off to the east---a Carolina
Wren, the first for my yard.  I thought I might have heard it again yesterday,
but it was quite a ways off.

Heavy rain last night produced almost 1.5 inches of rain.  Looks like more the
rest of the week is possible.
Daryl Tessen
Appleton,, WI