[wisb] Washington Co. eagle, sparrows, hypo. Var. Thrush

  • From: Tuftedtitmouse2@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:49:54 EST

Hi All,
Whilst walking Badger the Wonder Pooch this AM, I saw a fly-over sub-adult
BALD EAGLE, a species I've only seen about three times other times out here
over  the last 10 years.

We've also got a FOX SPARROW and a WHITE-THROATED SPARROW coming to the
feeders here at home.

One of the resident PILEATED WOODPECKERS put in an appearance here two days
 ago; at least two NORTHERN FLICKERS are hanging out in the tamarack swamp
across  the road (1-2 usually spend the winter here); and GREAT HORNED OWLS
are calling  most evenings from the swamp.

I just got off the phone with a neighbor who says about 12/5-6 he saw a
VARIED THRUSH in his yard.  Reportedly, he was able to do a direct  comparison
with an American Robin that was harassing the Varied.  I've  asked him to
fill out a WSO documentation form, but I'm not sure he'll follow  through on
it.

Regards,

Scott Diehl
Richfield, Washington Co.