[wisb] Madison Barrow's Goldeneye-NO

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:15:30 -0600

Hi all,
Alex Stark, Luke Dahlberg and I spent at least 4 hours this afternoon looking
for the Barrow's Goldeneye on University Bay.  During the time we were there,
we checked from the boat landing, from out on Picnic Point, from across the bay
by the UW buildings, Frautschi point and a few other places along the lake.  We
could not find any sign of the Barrow's anywhere. Even repeated stops at the
boat landing (the best vantage point) produced only Common Goldeneyes.
Other birds present on the bay were: Tundra and Mute Swans Canada Geese (even a
careful search didn't produce any Cackling Geese)Gadwall
RedheadCanvasbackMallardL ScaupRB GullHerring GullCommon MerganserCootBald
Eagle
The woods along Picnic point had some Robins, Chickadees, 1 Song Sparrow and
some Brown Creepers.
Other than that, just a typical winter day in Madison. It was COLD out
there........

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me