[wisb] Two Rivers to Kewaunee

  • From: Brian Pierce <courthousehollow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 17:12:04 -0500

I started at the Two Rivers harbor where there was zero bird activity.
Neshota Park had lots of Gulls on the beach but no variety.
Point Beach yielded a RED-NECKED GREBE looking out from the Lighthouse
Picnic area parking lot. The bird was 200 yards out and paddling leisurely
about for the entire time I was present. The rest of the park was very
quiet.

Two Creeks park, just to the north, had 47 HORNED GREBE'S.

Kewaunee had a lot of bird activity, but only Geese, Gulls, and a few
Mallard's.

There were no diving ducks seen at all, and the in-between roads were
remarkably quiet all day. No graveling birds or migrants in roadside
thickets. But with the incredible weather, what a great day to be out!

Brian Pierce, Green Bay, Brown County