[wisb] Turdus non-migratorius?

  • From: "mclipson tds.net" <mclipson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:31:55 -0600

I have a large flock of robins in my back yard.  No open water, feeders,
grubs, or worms.  According to at least one range map, this is not unusual,
but I don't ever remember seeing Christmas robins in Madison before.  Does
anyone else think this is unusual?  They say humans need twice the caloric
intake to survive being outdoors in cold weather.  How can these birds
possibly find enough berries to survive?
- Mike Clipson