[wisb] Trumpeter Swans Wauk. Co. and Long-tailed Duck Milwaukee Lakefront today, some images...

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 19:09:06 -0600

Greetings,

I took a run out to Lower Phantom Lake in Mukwonago about 9:00 a.m. this
morning. I had hoped to see the Tundra Swan that was reported there
recently. No luck with that, but the Trumpeter Swans were still present, 7
of them. Also present were 2 Mute Swans along with 100 or so Canada Geese.
From there I went to the Lakefront in Milwaukee. North Point had the same
species that Bernie just reported. The Express was quiet along with South
Shore Marina. I headed over to Lakeshore State Park. After a 30 minute
wait, the Long-tailed Duck showed up out of no where, just south of the
walk bridge about 12:30 p.m. I had hopes also to see the Harlequin Duck
that Barb had reported but a motor boat had come by just before we got to
the location it was at and ducks went every which way. We could not
relocate the Harlequin after that. The motor boat was then in the lagoon of
LSP buzzing around and the Long-tail Duck headed over to the boat docks
just south of Discovery World.

I did get a few images to share if you care to view them use the link below:

*
https://picasaweb.google.com/109038919513758014473/TrumpeterSwanLowerPhantomLakeAndLongTailedDuckLakeshoreStatePark2222012#
*

Thanks and good birding!