[wisb] Sparrow ID help needed

  • From: david flores <davef794@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 22:18:41 -0500

It is not a rare species, but the feathers are a real mess and I am finding
it difficult to ID. It was found this morning in Milwaukee. I did not hear
a song. Medium sized sparrow, has streaked chest, solid black bill and pink
legs (they looked pink in the field, but here they look more yellow). Can't
tell if there is a malnar stripe. Never got a great look at the front of
the chest. There was one savannah and a couple of chipping in the area. I
though it was a chipping, but the bill isn't right. Then I though song, but
I am just not sure. Who can tell me what they think it is and why?
Thanks in advance guys.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/floresdavid/9681440543/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/floresdavid/9684678414/

David Flores