[wisb] Snowy owl sighting, Milwaukee, WI

  • From: ANewsGal@xxxxxxx
  • To: Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 00:52:40 -0500 (EST)

Hello,
I am a new member, but long time bird watching.
Thanks to the email postings here about a snowy owl in Milwaukee, I decided
 to take a chance on spotting it. I found it Sunday afternoon (Feb. 5)
resting on a rock jetty in the McKinley Marina and managed to get some  photos,
although all it did was nap in the sunshine   :)

I live in Colgate, WI and noticed that in the last day or two, I have had
goldfinches, a house finch and a tufted titmouse in my feeders, joined by
the  usual chickadees, nuthatches and cardinals.

Linda McAlpine
Colgate, Washington County, WI