[wisb] Re: RFI - Birds getting into car engine compartment

  • From: Madison Audubon Society <masoffice@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: masoffice@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:32:59 -0600

Here's some additional info (the man who e-mailed just called):

He lives in the Green Bay area, has an F150 pickup with lots of space
for birds to get into, and his neighbor feeds the birds. When he pulls
into his drive, 20-30 house sparrows swoop in from next door and get up
into the engine where it's warm. He bangs on the hood to get them out
before starting the engine again, but they're making a huge mess.

He mentioned trying Bird-X, an ultrasonic bird repeller (has anyone
tried this?), as he does NOT want to use any kind of pesticide or other
lethal means.

Other thoughts, ideas?