[wisb] Re: Question: Least Bittern vocalizations

  • From: Richter Museum <richter@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tiger150@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <tiger150@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 13:21:06 +0000

All, many years ago while leading a bird tour at the "Old" Oconto Marsh
Impoundment, where Least Bitterns were common breeders we heard a call coming
from willow shrubs out in the marsh north of the dike, which I passed off as
Least Bittern until we noted a cuckoo out there foraging and singing!! Cuckoos
are out there and this year they seem to be up in numbers.

Tom Erdman, Green Bay