[wisb] Re: Photos of possible Connecticut Warb - Lake Park

  • From: Brian Hansen <rawshooter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "suechick@xxxxxxxxxxx" <suechick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 22:07:14 -0500

Thanks to all who replied. After I sent that and studied more photos and ID
info regarding the two species, Dave and I were both leaning Mourning.

Oh well. The hunt continues. We did run into a birder in the ravine that saw
what he said was a classic adult male Connecticut the day before in the same
ravine.

Interestingly almost every birder that saw these birds live through binocs said
they were Conns. This is not meant disrespectfully in any way but it makes
wonder what the overall margin of error is with reported sightings without
visual or audible documentation.

Thanks again. I'll keep looking for that pronounced eye ring as well as the
other field marks!

Brian Hansen
Milwaukee