[wisb] Northern Mockingbird- Monroe Cty

  • From: tom prestby <jjprestby@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 12:55:51 -0500

I found a Northern Mockingbird this morning after doing a WDNR Marshbird Survey
at the Monroe County Flowage. It was in the front yard of the first house on
the south side of Drake Ave. west of Crescent St. The address is 32891 Drake
Ave. This is a mile west of the Juneau County line. The bird spent most of its
time perching on the address sign, a satellite dish, and a covered boat. I got
good pictures but I don't have the cable that connects my camera to my laptop
up here so I'll post them tomorrow.

There seemed to be a good movement last night here in central WI-- I had 21
species of warblers in Monroe and Wood Counties this morning (a lot of which
are on territory) and there has been an influx of Red-eyed Vireos, Eastern
Wood-Pewees, etc.

Tom Prestby

Currently at Sandhill WLA in Wood Cty (The American Bittern capital of
Wisconsin)

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.