[wisb] Cherokee Marsh Cuckoos and you tell me

  • From: Daniel Graham <theluckiest2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:46:09 -0700 (PDT)

I almost didn't get up today. But then I thought it may be the only nice day
this week. I was greeted at the entrance to Cherokee Marsh Park with 13 Warbler
species, 2 Ruby Throated Hummingbirds, a singing Connecticut Warbler (first of
year for me), and 2 Black Billed Cuckoos. I didn't even walk into the paths of
the park until about 45 minutes later. Unfortunately the Connecticut seemed to
be far out to the deep left end where the path doesn't cooperate. That's why I
am returning tonight.
Anyway I have attached a link for the Cuckoo photo I got today as well as an
enigma bird I had today. Its one of those birds that I am pretty sure what it
is but I would appreciate input. And I know I can count on input from the
birders on our list.

Black Billed Cuckoo Link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19756722@N06/3545745855/

Enigma Link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19756722@N06/3546580500/

Thanks alot,
Dan G
Madison, WI

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.