[wisb] Northern Hawk Owl

  • From: "K. Hilary Ford" <khilaryf32@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Doorcobirding <doorcobirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:59:14 -0600

I am sorry for the late post.  I went to the location where the Owl
has been seen about 1 P.M. today and it was perched on the tip of a
tall pine or spruce in the parking lot of the Blue Willow/ Chelsea
antiques store on the corner of Hy 57 and Q.  There is another
intersection of these two highways just North of Baileys Harbor and
this may be confusing some folks coming up from the south.  The
intersection where the Owl is is closer to Sister Bay not the more
southerly one which is really not an intersection, but is the area
where the Ridges is located.

I did not stay for long but spotted a person in a blue car travelling
slowly along both sides of Q obviously searching for it and I was able
to point it out to him.  Other posts to doorcobirding have been made
today as well.

Hilary Ford, Ellison Bay, Door County