[wisb] Northern Hawk Owl

  • From: "K. Hilary Ford" <khilaryf32@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 19:10:32 -0600

Our neighbor (not a birder) to whom I showed the pictures of the Owl
yesterday came by today having seen it (as others were also observing it)
on Hy 42 on an electric line post.  He said there were other observers
lining the road.
I just want to go off topic to say that the Ellison Bay businesses that are
staying open could use a little help these lean winter days.  Pioneer Store
has a variety of snacks and often has fresh sandwiches.  The owner stays
open 365 days a year.  Brew Coffee opposite has people in playing their
guitars Mondays, and there is the Mink River Basin - good food and no doubt
the game will be on the TV.  I hope these suggestions will not be against
the rules and a little nearer to the Owl than Sister Bay.

The famous Clearing School is on Garret Bay Rd on the left going a little
further north by the decorated truck and old gas station.  It will hold
Winter Classes starting on Monday. Often Merlins are observed near the Gift
store there.

Hilary Ford, Ellison Bay, Door CO