[wisb] Nighthawks, Osprey, Chippewa Falls

  • From: Rory Cameron <rory_cameron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 11:45:22 -0500

While on an early morning run, I heard Common Nighthawks a little before 5:30
am in downtown Chippewa Falls.  Returning to the downtown area an hour later,
another runner spotted a large bird flying along Duncan Creek.  That was the
Osprey.  The nighthawks were the first I've seen this year in Chippewa County.

Rory Cameron
Chippewa Falls, Chippewa County

"We come and go, but the land is always here. And the people who love it and
understand it are the people who own it?for a little while."   Willa Cather