[wisb] Re: Need help with Iron County birding

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gwyntells@xxxxxxxxx>, <ole.lena@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:44:37 -0600

A map of SOME of the birding sites in Ashland and Bayfield Counties, plus a
couple in Iron Co, can be found at:
http://www.birdandnaturefest.com/zFILEUPLOADS/birdingmap.pdf

The latest edition of Wisconsin's Favorite Bird Haunts book also has many site
accounts for these counties, including quite a few in Iron Co. written by
myself and numerous other birders.
http://wsobirds.org/wso_bookstore.html

Iron County is especially great because there are a million places to birdwatch
(e.g., pick a forest road and walk it) and few people doing it -- so much
awaits discovery.

Ryan Brady
Grand View, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:39:06 -0500
Subject: [wisb] Re: Need help with Iron County birding
From: gwyntells@xxxxxxxxx
To: ole.lena@xxxxxxxx
CC: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If anyone responds to Karen's request about Iron County birding off list, could
they cc their info to me as well?  My in-laws live in Hurley and we have lake
property between Iron Belt and Mercer.  I see lots of nice birds at the lake,
but would love to have more good areas to bird.  Thanks.

Gwyn Calvetti
LaCrosse County

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Karen Jensen  wrote:

Hi all:
While I am a Minnesotan, I own property near Saxon WI in Iron County about 8
miles due south of Lake Superior.
I would like to start doing more birding in the area.  Can anyone help me with
resources/information about birding areas, particularly in Iron County but also
Ashland, Douglas, and Bayfield Counties?
Thanks so much,
Karen Jensen
Stillwater, MN#################### You received this email because you are
subscribed to the WISBIRDN list. To UNSUBSCRIBE or SUBSCRIBE, use Wisbirdn web
interface at: //www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn. To set DIGEST or VACATION
modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at: //www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.

--