[wisb] Milwaukee city Wood Ducks and Hooded Merg

  • From: Jennifer Ambrose <jenthreat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birders <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 20:55:12 -0500

Hello!
This afternoon, I birded Humboldt Park in Bayview. No warblers or other
migrants were present, but I enjoyed observing six Wood Ducks and one
female Hooded Merganser in the large lagoon. The pictures below show the
Hooded Merg with a fish and a few funny ones of a Canada Goose that was
upset about something while the Hooded Merg looks completely unaffected by
the goose's display. The photos aren't high quality due to distance, poor
lighting and my skill level, but I think they are enjoyable.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49427613@N03/

Thanks.

--
Jennifer Ambrose