[wisb] Merlin, Park and Dayton, Campus, Dane Co

  • From: Jesse Ellis <calocitta8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 11:39:27 -0600

Hey all-
For the second time in a few weeks I've seen a Merlin on campus. Yesterday
around 5pm I was at Dayton and Park and saw a Merlin swooping around. I
didn't have binocs, but to my eye this bird appeared very dark, darker in
impression than the individual I saw a few weeks ago. Not sure if that
means there are two, or if it was just the light levels. So, there's at
least one Merlin hanging around campus this winter, which is kinda cool. I
think I'd only seen this species once or twice before in Dane Co, and not
in town.

Jesse

--
Jesse Ellis