[wisb] McFarland Bird Festival - This Saturday!

  • From: Andy P <andypaulios@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 20:33:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Folks,

The second Annual McFarland Bird Festival will be held this Saturday in Lewis
Park from 9AM - Noon.  We have bird experts at the overlook helping to identify
the waterbirds and migrants, lots of kids activities, and bird banding with the
Urban Ecology Center!

At 1 PM we are showing Green Fire, the award-winning movie chronically the life
and career of Aldo Leopold, in the McFarland Library!

And if that isn't enough - I'll be leading a short woodcock walk in the
evening!

All of this is in celebration for the "birdiest" city in Dane County.

Andy Paulios
McFarland, WI