[wisb] Seminary Woods, Southeastern Milwaukee County

  • From: "R & C Dermody" <cdermody@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 20:28:57 -0500

The woods was fairly good for early spring.  I saw a Swamp Sparrow, several
Ruby-crowned Kinglets, one Golden-crowned Kinglet.  The Hermit Thrushes are
starting to move through. ( I saw 2.)  Brown Creepers were abundant, 2
Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, several Yellow-rumped Warblers,  a Turkey
Vulture, Flickers, a Hairy Woodpecker, which I find less often, and all the
usual suspects.  I noticed many Red Admiral butterflies.  The spring
wildflowers are all out in abundance.  The Garlic Mustard is advancing
steadily.  For a while Seminary Woods was relatively free of this terrible
weed.  I try to pull what I can but my knees at my age are not any help!  If
anyone cares to pull any, at this time when it is not in flower yet, you may
still hold it back somewhat.

Cheers!

Cathy Dermody, St. Francis, Southeastern Milwaukee County