[wisb] Lower Bird Species Counts this Year

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "timarytm@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Wisbirdn Post <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 07:07:20 -0700 (PDT)

I have been unable to find an Eastern Bluebird in any of the three Forest
County areas that had them last year. In Taylor County, my sister does not have
any Eastern Phoebes, regular nesters in her yard for many years. We have a pair
of Eastern Phoebes in Forest Co. nesting under our deck and we noted another
pair under the neighbor's deck yesterday. We don't usually see too many wrens
on our regular birding trips so I cannot comment on their numbers. We have no
Belted Kingfishers on Little Long Lake this year, a sad first.
The birds upnorth are very busy eating flying insects as there is a terrific
supply!

Mary Maertz
Forest County