[wisb] I found a baby bird - now what?

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 13:56:55 -0600

Nesting season is here, which means many of us are likely to encounter baby
birds and other wildlife new to this world. But remember that, unless truly
injured or orphaned, a baby wild animal's best chance for survival is with its
mother, meaning human intervention may not be needed and sometimes does more
harm than good.

Wisconsin DNR offers a handy key to determining how to best help a baby bird at:
http://1.usa.gov/TB0xK0

...and provides a rehabilitation directory and general species guidance at:

http://1.usa.gov/1kL0KVg

Let's do our best for birds and keep wildlife wild!

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady