[wisb] Horicon Yesterday - Dickcissel

  • From: Chris Petherick <cpetherick@xxxxxx>
  • To: 'Wisconsin Birding Network' <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 12:47:53 -0500

I had 6 dickcissel(s)?? yesterday on the Bud Cook trails.  These were life
birds for me, so I was pretty excited to finally get a nice view of them.
There were both adult and juvenile, with some color and more bland.  I had a
10 minute view of them as they sat and watched the surrounding area.  None
of them called or sang while I watched, they just sat, along with a field
sparrow.

eBird has this as a rare sighting, so I figured I would mention it.

In Milwaukee, finally getting a few warblers passing through - had a
redstart, ovenbird, YR warbler and a Wilson's Warbler yesterday.  Hopefully
more on the way!  Still no thrush (well, other than robin and bluebird).

Chris Petherick

Fox Point, Milwaukee County