[wisb] Bay Beach Sanctuary--Sat.

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 14:47:22 -0500

Sorry for the delay in posting this but my computer was doing its "usual thing"
for most of the day---and night.  On Sat I joined other birders for the fall
migration walk at Bay Beach Sanctuary in Green Bay.  The two previous walks had
only yielded 6 warbler species both times (Aug. 24 & 28).  Today we found 12
species of warblers, 10 duck species, but only 2 vireos.  Highlights included a
Merlin chasing migrants, unsuccessfully, and a fly by Common Loon, plus a
gnatcatcher and Red-br. Nuthatch.  About 70 species were seen during the 3+
hour walk.  The next walk is Wed, the 4th, with the WSO field trip there on
Sat., the 7th.  Plan your calendars accordingly!
Daryl Tessen
Appleton,, WI