[wisb] Re: Hoary Redpoll - yard bird! (Ashland Co.)

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nicka29@xxxxxxxxx>, "wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 20:07:34 -0600

 I'm glad to see the pics from up north. It's a great learning tool. What
sex and age do you (and Ryan) think it is. Almost looks as if it has a
slight wash on the upper breast. Also interesting is that the tertails and
flight feathers have no white on the edges. It make you realize that a
female Hoary is very hard to write up if you miss anything. Atleast for me.
I really suck at it, but working on getting better. Steve Thiessen Stoughton
Dane co.