[wisb] Re: Harris's sparrow

  • From: "Cutright.Noel" <Noel.Cutright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mbontly@xxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:42:50 -0600

There is also a Fox Sparrow coming into the feeder that Marilyn
describes below.  I was able to meet the fellow who lives at this house
and tell him about the 3 terrific sparrow species coming to the feeder
near the front of his house.  He's not bothered by people stopping to
use binocs to look for the sparrows.  This house is just west of the
main entrance into Harrington Beach SP and is on the north side of Co.
D.
There also were 3 Rough-legged Hawks and a Northern Harrier hunting in
the field on HBSP property farther east on Co. D (on the south side) as
darkness descended last night.
Noel Cutright, Ozaukee County