[wisb] Harris's sparrow

  • From: "Marilyn Bontly" <mbontly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:09:07 -0600

While doing our section of the Cedar Grove CBC today, Jean Strelka, Kathy
Gallick and I found a Harris's Sparrow at 596 County Hwy D, Lake Church,
Ozaukee Co. This is on the east side of the small community on the way to
Harrington Beach St Park.   It was on the ground under a feeder in the front
yard.  We also had a white-crowned Sparrow there though we did not see them
both at the same time.  The Harris's was there in the a.m. about 9:30 and
when we checked back in the afternoon about 2:45.

We also found an Eastern Meadowlark on Lake Church Rd, south of the
community of the same name, #5445.  Seen first on the ground along the road
and flew to perch up on a wire.

Marilyn Bontly, Bayside