[wisb] Gulls galore! Late report from Oshkosh

  • From: Paul Bruce <birdsandfish49@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 11:55:14 -0800 (PST)

   Hey everyone  ---Thursday a.m. there were a mess of gulls milling around
Campbell Creek, I'd say in the vicinity of the upper 100's of birds. I managed
pick out a beautifully ghostly adult GLAUCOUS,   then I maaaaybe picked out my
first IDed resting Thayer's.  I saw a slightly darker mantle and the dark iris.
 It was an
adult, if there's anything to do with wing pattern I  failed to check on that.
 Otherwise,
nothing but Herrings.  Heard my cardinal here, too, song-type pearly-pearly.
 Duck-wise,
mallards and a few Blacks.
    Paul Bruce
    Winnebago Co.