[wisb] Re: Gray Patridge - Columbia County

  • From: "jeff trapp" <jefftrapp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:15:55 -0600

Even though I figured it was silly and a day late, I headed up to this spot
as I'd never seen a grey partridge.  So was surprised when I pulled up near
the manure spread and there was a partridge sized bird in the middle of it.
I looked at it with my binoculars and wondered why it was called a gray
partridge and it wasn't gray.   Turned out it was a Northern Bob White!
Hadn't seen one of those before either so worked out well all the same.

Jeff Trapp
Madison WI

www.jefftrappwindsors.com
http://wisconsin.airheads.org