[wisb] Re: GYRFALCON refound - Ashland, WI

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 17:44:36 -0700

Just to give everyone some of the "negative" data as well, here's the scoop on
the search effort for this bird since it was last observed on the afternoon of
Wed Dec 2.

Thurs 12/3 - No one looked for it to my knowledge.

Fri 12/4 - I checked at 1:00 pm and didn't see it.

Sat 12/5 - I didn't look for it but Tim Oksiuta checked twice and didn't see
it.  Some out of town birders saw it mid-afternoon distantly flying out over
the bay past the oredock.

Sun 12/6 - Multiple birders checked the oredock almost constantly from sunrise
to 12 noon and didn't see it.  Then, as he posted, Tim (and others?) found it
at 3 pm.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady