[wisb] Field sparrows on a feeder (Milwaukee Co)

  • From: Betsyacorn@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 21:31:01 -0400 (EDT)

I marked a single Field Sparrow in my little yard list book on Monday,
realizing it was a first for the yard in eight years of listing.  Yesterday  in
the late afternoon, it returned to forage in the grass and shrubs, and was
joined by a buddy FISP.  Today, it had figured out the feeder  platform.
What next?  I'd better hide the car keys! I don't know  if it's that rare, but
it was a pleasant surprise/learning for me, and offered  extended viewing.
On very rare occasions, I've had the ground  denizens, junco and a white
throated sparrow, alight on the feeders.   Always surprised.

Betsy Abert, So. Milwaukee, Milw Co.