[wisb] Few things (NO SIGHTINGS)

  • From: Mike Duchek <mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:09:32 -0600

1. Ospreys and trumpeter swans have been de-listed from state protected lists.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/79958062.html

2. Saw this ad for a Wisconsin photo contest, which has 3 categories including
wildlife.  Sorry if someone already posting it, but I know people here
definitely have some stuff worth submitting.  Photos have to have been taken in
Wisconsin in the past 2 years.  Deadline is Feb. 1, and I think you need to
send in a CD (no email).

http://www.wisconsintrails.com/content/36.php

By the way, I think my favorite photo I've seen this year on this list is still
this one: http://www.pbase.com/dhfreriks/image/112460394

3. Off topic, but another cougar sighting in NW Wisconsin.

http://tinyurl.com/y8gewhz

http://tinyurl.com/yeoqej8

Keep an eye out, it's apparently headed E-SE at 5-7 miles per day.

Mike Duchek, Waukesha, Waukesha Co.