[wisb] Dane co. Landfill

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 02:19:22 -0600

 Stopped at the landfill and meet Jeff Gallagher (hope this is right, If not
sorry) . He had an adult Lesser Black-backed Gull before I arrived. We watched
the gulls for atleast 15 minutes before seeing anything good. First we had a 1
winter Thayer's/ Kumlien's. Then had the usual 1 st winter Thayer's. I saw a
second winter Lesser Black-backed go over the hill. We didn't see any Glaucous.
 The usual pattern for the gulls is to go to Lake Waubesa, after dining out.
But the lake had froze over last week and the pattern has changed ,even though
the lake is open again. I stopped at Olin Boat Landing , after checking the
gulls. I could see many gulls coming from the direction of the landfill. Some
were going into Monona Bay and many landing on the lake (Monona).
 Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.