[wisb] Connecticut Warbler: Door County

  • From: "Charles Peterson" <suechick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "door county birding" <doorcobirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 12:16:25 -0500

I saw a CONNECTICUT WARBLER this morning on the service road just as it ends at
Blossomburg Cemetery in Peninsula State Park. It was wonderfully cooperative,
moving slowly in the lower branches of a shrub, in a thicket of shrubs and
trees. It was a fairly active bird morning. Nine species of Warblers, including
a singing PINE WARBLER. It was in the pines near the Cemetery, and it's song
was brief but it lead me to seeing two Pine Warblers. They nest in that area.
Still quite a few Vireos in the Cemetery-Bike Path area also, mostly Red-eyed,
and 1 Philadelphia seen.
Sue Peterson
Ephraim
Door Co.