[wisb] Zeloski, Sunday am

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 11:29:23 -0500

 Ran into Aaron Stutz ,so we birded the northside together. Had 1 B-B plover, 6
Semi-Palmated plover and lots of Killdeer.  Had my first Sanderling of the
year. 2 imm. Long-billed Dowitchers and 3 Buff-breasted's were  nice. No
Phalaropes!  Around 50 Stilt Sandpipers, 3 Greater Yellowlegs and a fair number
of Lessers and Pectoral's. No large amount of peeps, but had 2 White-rumped, 4
Baird's and a few Least and Semi-palmated's.
 A field trip that was on the southside and heading north said they had a
Peregrine make a few passes.
 And someone mentioned that a Black-necked Stilt was seen way down in the
southwest pond area last Thursday. Not seen on Friday.
 I turned around on London road to see what I saw on the road. It was a
hatchling snapping turtle. I put it off the side of the road, but it was 1/2
mile from any water.
 Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.