[wisb] Chippewa & Taylor County highlights Oct 23

  • From: Rory Cameron <rory_cameron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 22:06:21 -0500

At Miller Dam on the south end of Chequamegon Flowage in Taylor County, I found
a late Osprey and three Snow Buntings.  Earlier, at Woodfords' Ponds in
Chippewa County, there were nine Snow Buntings, 15 American Pipits, and three
Pectoral Sandpipers.  At Pershing WLA-South Unit, Taylor County, I had my best
ever observation of an American Bittern.  Four American Tree Sparrows and a
pair of Northern Harriers were also present, but not much else.

Rory Cameron
Chippewa County

"We come and go, but the land is always here. And the people who love it and
understand it are the people who own it?for a little while."   Willa Cather